WisCat: WisCat is the Wisconsin library catalog. Contact the library to request items from WisCat that are not found in Merlin.
The following online databases provide a wealth of information in a variety of formats. Some of the databases may require a password, available at the library, or access may be limited to in-library use.
Ancestry Library Edition: Ancestry Library Edition is an extensive library genealogy research tool. Access is limited to in-library use at any NWLS library. Promotional training materials are available.
BadgerLink: BadgerLink* offers Wisconsin residents access to business, health, literature, magazine and newspaper resources, and many are available in full-text. Promotional materials are available. For more information visit the online support center. If you are unable to access any BadgerLink database, log in using the Library Card Access page. The following databases are among the many resources available through Badgerlink:
- Auto Repair Reference Center - Repair manuals for most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles, with repair information for most vintage makes starting as far back as 1954.
- Consumer Health Complete - Includes more than 200 health and wellness reference books and encyclopedias, thousands of health reports, drug evaluation sheets, videos, pamphlets and other documents.
- HeritageQuest - Research ancestors and historical sources dating back to the 1700s.
- MasterFILE Premier- A general reference database with nearly 1,700 publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Accessed in BadgerLink's Database List.
- NoveList - A readers' advisory database with over 150,000 fiction titles, and over 4000 custom created articles and lists. Access Feature Articles, BookTalks, and Book Discussion Guides along with Author Read-alikes, Readers' Advisory training content and a variety of other reader materials.
- NoveList K-8 - A readers' advisory database for grades K-8 with collection of titles, BookTalks, Recommended Reads book lists and more.
- TeachingBooks.net - Thousands of resources for k-12 multimedia fiction and nonfiction reading activities for educators, librarians, students and families supporting language arts, book clubs, art educators, social studies and much more.
- EBSCOhost - A rich eBook collection of books, journals, and database content. Select the EBSCO Database List, then select the eBook Collection. Sign in at the top of the page. Visit the ebook support center for more information.
*BadgerLink is a project of the Department of Public Instruction's Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning for the citizens of Wisconsin. Funding is provided through the Public Service Commission Universal Service Fund.
LearningExpress Library: LearningExpress Library is a learning center for people of all ages and education levels interested in learning extra skills for school or work. People in the NWLS service area can create an account from a library or from home using a library card. A Quick Start Guide is available to help you get started. Featured lists of tests, courses and ebooks are available from the Merlin homepage.
Job & Career Accelerator: Job & Career Accelerator: Explore careers, find jobs, and get help with resumes, cover letters, interviews and keep track of your job search progress. To access Job & Career Accelerator, set up an account by going to"New User Registration" or by going to "New Users". A Quick Start Guide is available to help you get started.
Along with the Collections listed below, the Phelps Public Library provides high speed Internet access computers, wireless Internet access 24/7, word processing & printing for a small paper fee, copy and fax machine services (see policies page). We also provide Interlibrary Loan services through Merlin, our local automated circulation system, and the statewide system WISCAT.
We provide materials in the following formats:
- Regular & Large Print
- Audiobooks - CD's and Cassettes
- Music CD's
- Local Newspaper & Newsletter