How to donate to the library.
We readily accept materials of multi-media. All donated materials will be looked at and possibly added to our collection. However, if the item or items are duplicates, more than 2 years old, or content does not fit in with our collection, we may happily put them in with our sale books. We can give a receipt for materials donated, but cannot put a monetary value on them. The reported condition of the item is decided at the staff's discretion.
We graciously accept monetary donations and will supply a receipt for the total of the donation.
No specific area will be set aside in the library for any donated materials. They can be marked with a bookplate if they are a memorial donation and the remembered person's name added to our memorial donation list. But, all materials purchased with donated funds will be chosen at the director's discretion and placed in the general collection.
Copy & Fax Charges
Black & White copies:
$ .10 each for the 1st 10 copies and $ .25 each for additional copies (not to exceed 30 copies/day/customer).
$.25 each for the 1st 4 copies and $.50 each for additional copies (not to exceed 20 copies/day/customer).
$1/page incoming or outgoing (20 page limit).
- Patrons must possess a library card & have it with them (except for Phelps School kids)
- All books have a check-out period of 3 weeks
- 3 week renewel is allowed unless the item is on reserve for another patron
- We do not charge overdue fees on late books
- We do reserve the right to deny service to patrons with overdue materials
- Movies have a 3 day check-out period unless otherwise noted
- Overdue movie charges are $1/day for each late movie
- A voluntary .50/movie donation is requested
- Music CDs & software circulation policy is the same as the book loan policy
When using a public Internet workstation at the Phelps Public Library you agree to the following guidelines:
- To use the electronic information resources at the library in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which they are provided.
- To not use the Internet for any unauthorized, unethical, commercial or illegal purposes.
- To respect the privacy of others by not misrepresenting oneself as another user.
- To not attempt to modify or gain access to files, passwords or data belonging to others.
- To not seek unauthorized access to any computer system, or damage or alter software components of any network or database.
- To not send, receive or display, text or graphics which may reasonably be construed as obscene.
- To not make any changes to the setup or configuration of the software or hardware.
- Phelps Public Library's Internet access does not include: Chat room or messenger services.
- *NWLS does not allow library patrons to use the library’s Local Area Network with a personal laptop computer or mobile computer device. Wi-fi is available.
- No personal CDs are allowed.
- No USB Flash Drives are allowed unless scanned first for viruses. USB Flash Drives can be purchased at the Circulation Desk for $5 each.
- Library staff is glad to assist as much as possible, but may not be familiar with the area of the Internet that you are exploring. Also, no training can be provided by staff.
- Remember the library may have the information you are looking for in our books.
- Just like with other resources of information, the library is not responsible for the validity or reliability of the information found on the Internet.
- When other users are waiting, there is a 30 minute time limit on the use of the computers. Otherwise it is 2 hours per person per day unless additional time is authorized by library staff for educational purposes.
- Misuse or abuse of the computers or the Internet access will result in the suspension of your computer privileges.
- Phelps Public Library assumes no responsibility for the use of the Internet. It is the responsibility of the care-giver, guardian or parent to determine what is appropriate. Library staff is not responsible for monitoring access to the Internet.
- Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information.
- The same standards of intellectual freedom, privacy and confidentiality endorsed by the American Library Association and incorporated in the Phelps Public Library Policies for traditional media shall be applied to all electronic media.
- All minors must have a signed agreement on file at the library. Minor's agreements must be signed by a parent or guardian. Children must be 10 years of age to use the Internet computers without a parent or guardian present.
- *Wireless is available 24/7