The library welcomes children of all ages to use and enjoy its resources. However, there are certain stipulations that the board of trustees require.
1. Preschool and Kindergarten age children may not be left unattended except for certain special programs for their age level. Pick-up must be prompt.
2. Students in the 1st through 3rd grades may not be left unattended for more than 30 minutes.
3. Students in the 4th through 6th grades may not be left unattended for more than 90 minutes.
4. At a library function, any person exhibiting inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave.
The Library Board and staff recognize that there are times when parents or guardians may leave children unattended for the allowable time periods. The parents or guardians should understand that unattended children are left without supervision. Behavior at the library should be no less than what is expected in school.
Improper behavior will be treated as follows:
1. First Offense: a warning from the staff member on duty.
2. Second Offense: a warning from the staff member on duty and a notice to parents or guardians.
3. Third Offense: a phone call to the parents or guardians and dismissal from the library for seven (7) days.
4. Any additional offenses will be taken to the Library Board of Trustees for further attention.
If you have any questions, call the library at 715-545-2887